Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Originally posted by Falleron

On a separate note, has anyone developed (or know of a program) like "Folding Control" for use on dual processor systems? I really want that sort of program, just dont want to mess around with the terminal.

Tiaguinho and I have been talking about doing one. I've been using the terminal and I had started work on a progress monitoring application prior to talking to him. There is research that needs to be done. I've never even seen the control application, for instance.

Btw, I topped 100 with the G3/400 and 300 with the dual G4/800 this week. :)

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
good news on our end, the new eMacs arrived last week. come winter break, we'll have that lab up and folding.

my only problem is getting CLI folding to automatically run at startup. i'm not exactly sure how do do this.

any ideas?

btw i'm extermely happy with out output lately. it's the best it has ever been.

bousozoku

Moderator emeritus
Jun 25, 2002
Lard
Originally posted by mc68k
good news on our end, the new eMacs arrived last week. come winter break, we'll have that lab up and folding.

my only problem is getting CLI folding to automatically run at startup. i'm not exactly sure how do do this.

any ideas?

btw i'm extermely happy with out output lately. it's the best it has ever been.

Submitting the command line business from a program which could be run as a startup application is not a problem. Shutting it down gracefully is the problem. Of course, you send 'control-c' to the folding@home client, but I think there's much more to it and I don't feel like experimenting right now on my folding data.

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
It's a good thing they won't have to shut down often. We can keep them running 24/7...

What will be interesting is if we try NetBooting them. ;)

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 22, 2001
UK
That eMac lab is really going to help. Its the only way we are going to get much higher in the rankings.

Falleron

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 22, 2001
UK
Originally posted by Over Achiever

You know, you've been stuck at #50 for a while now...I'm nippin' at your heels at #51 ;) :D
Bugger, you passed me! :-( Your lucky, if I had a program like folding control, I would be after you! Do you run your computers 24/7? I only run mine for about 4 hours a day.

medea

macrumors 68030
Aug 4, 2002
Madison, Wi
yeah I run my (single) computer 24/7 and have Folding set in the startup for when I need to reboot. It's almost invisible and drains like zero resources so it doesnt bother me to run it on my system all the time.

mc68k

macrumors 68000
Apr 16, 2002
you're still #4. rugby's cranked it up a notch though. still some rockin' ouput though

word

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.