Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
okay ive got a serious inquiry here. i am planning on doing some projects (benign and legal by the way) and i want a site to be the informational source behind these projects. i want this site to not be able to be traced back to me or anyone "real". i want it to be as traceless as possible. i plan on having this site hosted for free.
any constructive thoughts, ideas and or suggestions? i want to know if this is possible, legal or whatever. i am no computer tech/hacker guy so any basic help in this area would be appreciated. im just looking into this to see whats up... please dont bust my chops. hah
also... which free web hosting comapny will allow me to completley customize my site with dreamweaver (ftp)?

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
You'll have to have someone register the site with a name and some contact info. Not sure if there's any way around that.

Only thing that comes to mind is to have someone not involved with the project do it for you and swear them to secrecy...

Not sure what you're doing homes, but good luck. ;)

krossfyter

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jan 13, 2002
secret city
ill pm you more specifics on my plan... assuming you would like to know... if not then its okay.

um actually im thinking about signing on with a fake name and get another email addy under that name etc.

is it still legal?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.