Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yorkshire Lad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2015
Leeds
I know it's not a disaster in the grand scheme of things, but... having cropped a photo of a close, personal friend for my lock screen, making sure there was enough space on the left to accommodate the clock and date, you can imagine my annoyance at finding the clock and date are now stamped across her forehead.

There doesn't appear to be a setting to move it back to the left either, which is even more annoying.

Was this trailed beforehand, or do we just have to guess where the clock and date will appear with each iOS release? I seem to remember it being centred before iOS10.

Gary

danmart

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2015
Lancs, UK
Worse than that. On 10 the clock was centred in portrait orientation, but to the side in landscape. In effect, it was always the same distance from the left side of the screen.

If it's always central in 11 that's back to 'how it should be', really.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Should be. iPhone has never had a landscape version of the lock screen.
Well, landscape wasn't really mentioned in the OP, so it was a bit hard to tell for sure aside from just assuming that that's what it might have been referring to.

Yorkshire Lad

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2015
Leeds
Well, landscape wasn't really mentioned in the OP, so it was a bit hard to tell for sure aside from just assuming that that's what it might have been referring to.

Sorry - yes, in landscape. I think of iPads naturally as landscape, iPhones as portrait, but I could have made it more obvious.

I quite liked the left-justified clock and date once I got used to it (them), not just because it worked better with my lock screen photo. I'd like the choice of left, centre or right, but this is Apple we're talking about...

Gary

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.