Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Godspeed8230

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2021
Hi,

so I've been using watchOS 10 for a while now and one thing I keep asking myself is:
Why on earth is there a clock and the date in the smart stack and at such a prominent and non-customazible location? I am utterly confused by this because in my opinion one could use this space for yet more favorite apps or widgets. I really think it's a waste of valubale space and especially the clock is redundant - I mean, swiping up from the clock to reveal a clock is a real game changer, isn't it?

What's your take on this? Is there a situation where one would need this?
WhatsApp Image 2024-02-27 at 09.39.36.jpeg

Last edited:

Bichon

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2019
I use it regularly as an easy way to pull up the date, since my usual watch faces don't display it. Also, if you are using an analog watch face that only has tick marks every five minutes, the one on the smart stack has ticks every minute, and if you are using a digital watch face, the one on the smart stack has an animated ring that functions as a sweep second hand.

bransoj

macrumors 68000
Jul 31, 2013
Its a Calendar shortcut\widget entry that if you press will take you to your calendar view. If you dont want it there then you can press and hold on it and change it for another entry.

Godspeed8230

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 5, 2021
I use it regularly as an easy way to pull up the date, since my usual watch faces don't display it. Also, if you are using an analog watch face that only has tick marks every five minutes, the one on the smart stack has ticks every minute, and if you are using a digital watch face, the one on the smart stack has an animated ring that functions as a sweep second hand.
I am glad that you found a use case. However, why doesn't Apple give the customer a choice? I mean a sweep second hand and the calendar are nice to have but in my case they are super redundant and I would like to change it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.