Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

martinchivers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2011
Bath, Somerset, UK
I'd like a clock and date on my desktop, prominently. Been onto tube and App Store, but nothing appropriate.

As a compromise, looked In widgets, the clock is not displaying the correct time. I've gone into system preferences and set the time (shows correctly) and also checked that the time zone is correct. Once saved and coming out of that, the time in the widget remains incorrect. The very small bar at the top shows the correct time & date. When I click on the clock widget it shows my city as Cupertino (which I can only assume is in America). I'm near Bath in the UK!

How can I set this up so that it shows the correct time? Or better still find a way to permanently add something onto my desktop? I don't use a screensaver so the option to add that is of no use either. The only way I can get this to display the correct time is to set it to London, not ideal really. Is there an app that will add it to my desktop in a useable format? I've looked at clockdesk £2.99 so may well just go for that.

Last edited:

bogdanw

macrumors 603
Mar 10, 2009
See "Change Date & Time preferences on Mac"
https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/mchlp1124/11.0/mac/11.0
"To use the map to manually set the time zone on your Mac, deselect the “Set time zone automatically using current location” tickbox, then click a location on the map. The location is confirmed in the Time Zone field; click the Closest City pop-up menu to select a different city, if available.
Your changes are applied the next time you restart your computer."

martinchivers

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 19, 2011
Bath, Somerset, UK
See "Change Date & Time preferences on Mac"
https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-help/mchlp1124/11.0/mac/11.0
"To use the map to manually set the time zone on your Mac, deselect the “Set time zone automatically using current location” tickbox, then click a location on the map. The location is confirmed in the Time Zone field; click the Closest City pop-up menu to select a different city, if available.
Your changes are applied the next time you restart your computer."
Thank you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.