Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nermal

Original poster
Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
"All times are GMT +13. The time now is 10:44 AM."

The timezone is correct but it's 11:44 here. It was correct yesterday, what's happened?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
"All times are GMT +13. The time now is 10:44 AM."

The timezone is correct but it's 11:44 here. It was correct yesterday, what's happened?
Are you talking about the timestamp on forum posts? Or the time on your computer? The forum post time is showing the accurate time here. Also, Daylight Savings Time changes on Sun, Nov. 6.

MacDawg

Moderator emeritus
Mar 20, 2004
"Between the Hedges"
Showing correct here for me as well in Eastern time
But this is the night for a Daylight Savings time change
Not sure how that will affect things where you are

Nermal

Original poster
Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Hmm, maybe a vBulletin bug with American DST then. I now suspect that since it's Sunday here, vB "thinks" that the server clock has been updated for DST and is therefore overcorrecting by an hour. If my guess is correct then it'll fix itself once the US actually switches properly.

I remember some similar issues happening some time ago but in that case the time was wrong for weeks on end. That was fixed with a vB update a few years ago. This looks like a different issue and with any luck it'll only be a problem for one day.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.