Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RobCoenen

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 11, 2016
Roggel, The Netherlands
Hello,

I bought the new iPad today (2018) and have just set it up to my liking.
I have another iPad Air 2 (2014) and iPad Air (2013) at home. Is it possible to clone my iPad (2018) to the Air 1 and Air 2?

I know I can use iCloud to get some things back but is there a way to clone it exactly like the iPad (2018) and with that I mean that all my apps are installed and already signed in, the notification centre settings are the same, in app settings are the same etc. and not that the iPad downloads the apps from the store automatically and that I have to set everything to my liking afterwards for each app.

If so, should I use iCloud, iTunes (12.7.4), iTunes (12.6 with app-store), encrpyted / decrypted?

Thanks in advance!

maerz001

macrumors 68020
Nov 2, 2010
Usually It goes the other way. U have a backup of an old iPad in iCloud/iTunes and than use that on a new one.

So in your case make a backup of the 2018. Than erase your old Air and setup from 2018 backup

Last edited:

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
What iOS version is the 2018 iPad running? Iirc, latest iOS version requires newer iTunes which doesn't support app backups. If that's what you have, then you're out of luck on the apps front.

You can still restore app data and settings by using encrypted iTunes backup though. I've found that to be more reliable and faster than iCloud backups.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.