Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dove117

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 10, 2022
I need to clone the internal SATA drive on my PowerMac G5 to give a clone that will be bootable as start-up disk. I have Copycatz and carbon copy cloner but the clones I am producing will not boot as the startup disk? Also they ake 15 to 20 hours to create!! The drive that needs cloning was showing as damaged in disk utilty and diskwarrior was unable to rebuild directory hence trying to clone it. I have however managed to repair and rebuild directory after a few trys by using another G% and running the utilities from the second machine with the first in target mode. Would still like to make a bootable clone though. The last clone I made was from the repaired fubctioning drive but still not bootable.

bobesch

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2015
Kiel, Germany
I need to clone the internal SATA drive on my PowerMac G5 to give a clone that will be bootable as start-up disk. I have Copycatz and carbon copy cloner but the clones I am producing will not boot as the startup disk? Also they ake 15 to 20 hours to create!! The drive that needs cloning was showing as damaged in disk utilty and diskwarrior was unable to rebuild directory hence trying to clone it. I have however managed to repair and rebuild directory after a few trys by using another G% and running the utilities from the second machine with the first in target mode. Would still like to make a bootable clone though. The last clone I made was from the repaired fubctioning drive but still not bootable.
Give it a try with CCC and the clone-disk partitioned in "ApplePartitionScheme" (through DiskUtil) ...

BTW: You may find larger audience and support in the PowerPC subforum!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.