Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

steeleclipse

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 7, 2002
Canada
what mac software is the closet to Cool Edit's timeline sequencing function?? I am currently playing around with peak ( which i really like) but cant seem to find a timeline function where i can layer multiple tracks....

DoctorDerek

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2004
I'm not really familar with Cool Edit so I can only guess what the timeline sequencing function is. (If you explain I might be able to help you better.) But I do know that Peak does not do multiple tracks. You need Deck for that - it's also from Bias.

Also, check out Ableton Live. It has a mode where samples can be arranged in time on many tracks. (Sounds kind of like what you mean.) They have a free demo you can download.

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
Depends on wether you want to spend a little, ProTools LE with the M-box is probably the market leader over here, then Logic audio, The Big Box promotion bring Logic down to a comfortable £200 GBP with some cool soft synths too, plus you can view and edit audio and MIDI directly on the timeline.

tjwett

macrumors 68000
May 6, 2002
Brooklyn, NYC
sounds like you need more of a multitracker or a looper than an editing program. check Ableton Live, I live and breathe for it. or Radial maybe. any sequencer will do really. there's free ones out there that'll do what you need and more.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.