Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigJohno

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
San Francisco
Hello all,

I'm in the process of moving my main editing rig from a 2015 iMac 5k to a new Ryzen 7 8 core machine. I will most likely sell my 5k iMac but I just love the monitor. Could someone recommend a close alternative monitor with similar quality? I will be using it for photography work.

JavaBlend

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2017
The Netherlands
The Dell u2715k used to be a great option, but it's discontinued apparently. Maybe have a look at the HP z27q. Haven't tried it myself (in fact, I haven't tried ANY 5k monitors myself), so I don't know if it's any good, but there aren't that many options out there besides the LG one.

BigJohno

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 1, 2007
San Francisco
The Dell u2715k used to be a great option, but it's discontinued apparently. Maybe have a look at the HP z27q. Haven't tried it myself (in fact, I haven't tried ANY 5k monitors myself), so I don't know if it's any good, but there aren't that many options out there besides the LG one.

I heard the Dell was the closest. I'll take a look at the HP. Might end up going 32" 4k Benq or something equivalent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.