Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DandsM

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2011
This is the feature I am missing more in Lion. It would be awesome to close windows in Mission Control view.

They should add a "X" button over all windows as they did when you create a new desktop and close it.

Very convenient, what do you guys think?:D

markrox7

macrumors 6502
Apr 17, 2011
This is the feature I am missing more in Lion. It would be awesome to close windows in Mission Control view.

They should add a "X" button over all windows as they did when you create a new desktop and close it.

Nahhh. If you have a lot of windows open it can get annoying and confusing. Better to just take the two seconds to go to that window and press cmd + w

Runenees

macrumors newbie
Feb 25, 2009
Copenhagen, Denmark

I couldn't agree more. I simply don't get why they don't add this. It should've been added in Snow Leopard.

The only reason that I can see for not adding this is that users may accidentally hit the close button instead of the window they want to bring to the front. But I'd say that's a risk I'd be willing to take or at least have the option to take :) It makes life sooo much easier in Windows 7 that you have the option to close windows from the thumbnails.

santip

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2011
I would also love to have such an option, if X on every window is problematic I wouldn't mind having to press alt for the Xs to show up.

Another option would be to use ctrl+w while hovering over the window on mission control, or when highlighting with the keyboard arrows.

DandsM

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 31, 2011
Any news about this feature?

I think someone could earn a lot of money by coding an app for this purpose.:rolleyes:;)

MacbookDO

macrumors newbie
Jan 20, 2011
This feature would be great for closing web "pop-unders" that seem to avoid popup blockers!

joezjojo

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2012
How to

There is a way to do this by using Better Touch tool (http://blog.boastr.net/)

1) Add a new GLOBAL gesture
2) Touchpad Gesture: e.g. Three Finger click
3) Predefined Action "Close window below cursor

Works in Mission control and any kind of expose by mouseover + gesture ...

--> closed window text will stay till next time opening mission control...

but thats no problem for me...

hope that will help u guys...
try it out.really good tool.

fuseburner

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2017
How to

There is a way to do this by using Better Touch tool (http://blog.boastr.net/)

1) Add a new GLOBAL gesture
2) Touchpad Gesture: e.g. Three Finger click
3) Predefined Action "Close window below cursor

Works in Mission control and any kind of expose by mouseover + gesture ...

--> closed window text will stay till next time opening mission control...

but thats no problem for me...

hope that will help u guys...
try it out.really good tool.

THIS WORKS LIKE A CHARM! thanks man

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.