Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
A women's clothing store, requires Company Profile design and some material with the logo printed etc. So im trying to make a list of all that stuff that is needed, but i feel like im missing some stuff.
So here is what i guess that its needed... designing the Store's Logo, Business cards, Letterheads, Envelopes, Store's Sign, Store's bags, Cards for replacing purchased products, Invoice's... ummm i guess thats how far i can go. Any thing else that i might be missing out?

Last edited:

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
I guess there are no Print Graphic Designers in here! ;)

dwig

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2015
Key West FL
  • Logo and other graphics for their website
  • Logo and other graphics for their electronic Point-of-Sale system
  • Logo and other graphics for a plethora of advertising materials, both print and electronic
  • ad infinitum ...

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
Thanks, but could you be more specific on the print stuff needed?

Last edited:

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
In my first post ive already stated a few of the print materials that i believe are needed to run a Clothing Store... how can the range be infinite? Im not talking about adv material :)

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Too many questions!

Doesn't the clothing store know what they need from you -- are you just supposed to compile a list of "things that you hope they will want"? (Is their store management really that clueless about this?)

Isn't a company/store logo, and the various types of media where that would be presented, by its nature, advertising material?

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
You did say you were not talking about "adv" material
In my first post ive already stated a few of the print materials that i believe are needed to run a Clothing Store... how can the range be infinite? Im not talking about adv material :)
I assumed you meant "advertising", not something else. Therefore, I asked the question about items/media that include the store logo or other business identifiers. Don't you consider any of those materials to be advertising?
(My business background is very limited, so maybe I don't understand where advertising stops when a business logo or other identification is used on the materials.)

Reactions: millerj123

Lihp8270

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2016
They prolly know but I want to show them that I know too, before they tell me. ?

I don’t understand what you are saying ?
This sounds like a bizarre way to do business.

Nothing like wasting money guessing what a client wants

Reactions: millerj123

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
You did say you were not talking about "adv" material

I assumed you meant "advertising", not something else. Therefore, I asked the question about items/media that include the store logo or other business identifiers. Don't you consider any of those materials to be advertising?
(My business background is very limited, so maybe I don't understand where advertising stops when a business logo or other identification is used on the materials.)
I see what u mean. I would say that designing the invoice sheet, the replacement product card, the shop's bag, the Letterheads/Envelopes etc, those would not be accounted as advertising materials... but materials that need to be there for the store to work with :)

zoran

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 30, 2005
This sounds like a bizarre way to do business.

Nothing like wasting money guessing what a client wants
Dont get what you mean... pls explain.
As for guessing what the client wants, is just a tactic to be ahead of him and show that u know what going on. Id say it helps when the designer is not so experienced :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.