Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kishba

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 11, 2001
Michigan
how exactly DO you cluster macs in os 10 for free??

(or darn close to it)

also: what are the hardware requirements (can i cluster my 867 with my 400 g3?)

menoinjun

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2001
i know bryce 5 takes advantage of clustering for rendering, but i haven't the foggiest how.

-pete

beigemac

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2002
cinema4d

This will be of use to people who have an 3d intrest. Maxon has a 3d application called cinema4d and u know how rendering can be a bitch in 3d. Especially for animation. Thats way the hve another application for networkrendring called cinema net and boy does that rock. Not only does it cluster macs but also pc in solid harmony. Something that would have taken me 18 hours to render on a G4 733 now takes 2 hours with my setup of macs and PC's . True Lightwave and Bryce also have similar systems for rendering but i have'nt tried them. When is Pixar renderman coming to the Mac? Is'nt Steve jobs the CEO or something of Pixar?

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
Work

Last Summer I was working at my dads company (well I say working, more looking around this site for hours on end!) and I had nowt to do (it was about 11pm) and so I set up a cluster of about 24 G4 Dual500 macs. It was amazingly powerful but I didn't have long because the night shift arrived!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.