Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eventer_

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2015
Hi,

yesterday I copied some files between my NAS and my mbp mid 14 (macos 10.12.2) when I recognized that my mbp everytime makes a sound effect when I press cmd+c. I have no idea why the sound is playing when press cmd+c to copy a file or text etc.

Today I installed a backup and first everything runs fine. And now the same problem. I didn't change any settings.

I have no idea whats wrong :(

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
^^^ What Rok73 said -- this sounds (ha!) pretty cool. I can't find anything about it in the Sound or Accessibility preference panes, either.

HenryAZ

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2010
South Congress AZ
^^^ What Rok73 said -- this sounds (ha!) pretty cool. I can't find anything about it in the Sound or Accessibility preference panes, either.
It is the "Funk" sound. It happens on any other Command-key combination that does not do anything. On my Mac, at least, the sound does not play when Command-C is doing something, like copying highlighted text to the clipboard.

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
I wish you could assign command key exceptions to KeyUp. I wouldn't mind having a different sound when pressing the Command, Option and Control keys.

BarracksSi

Suspended
Jul 14, 2015
if you have nothing selected, press CMD + C. pretty sure thats the sound he's talking about. Probably a bug, playing the sound as if nothing is selected when something actually is.

Ah, ok.

Yeah, that's the alert sound, telling you that you've made an error by trying to copy to the clipboard without having selected anything to copy.

MacGizmo

macrumors 68040
Apr 27, 2003
Arizona
Hi,

yesterday I copied some files between my NAS and my mbp mid 14 (macos 10.12.2) when I recognized that my mbp everytime makes a sound effect when I press cmd+c. I have no idea why the sound is playing when press cmd+c to copy a file or text etc.

Today I installed a backup and first everything runs fine. And now the same problem. I didn't change any settings.

I have no idea whats wrong :(
It would really be helpful if you could be more specific about the problem.
• When you perform a Command+C, does it actually copy the file/text?
• Are you able to paste the file/text?
• Have you tried Copy/Pasting in other apps like Safari, Mail, Text Edit, Notes, etc?

m4v3r1ck

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2011
The Netherlands
Any hidden (action) pop-up? Check the app your using when performing the CMD+C command in the dock by right-clicking and select "Show all windows" for that app.

joaojesus54

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2018
Hi everyone,
I'm new to this so I'll try to make it clear.

I'm having an issue when pressing Cmd + C or (now) Cmd + R on my mac book pro and I don't know how to solve this.

details:

106ijgj.jpg

The sound effect it's like the sound of an error message, like "ummm" but I don't have any pop up open or something like that and it does the sound on every application or browser.

If someone can help me here, thanks in advance for your time.
[doublepost=1540817829][/doublepost]Solved!

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.