Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gibulin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2024
Hi!
I have a problem with my cMP4.1 (flashed to cMP5.1). It power on, but no sound signal. I download Mac-Pro-2009-Tech-Guide and checked it according to this guide. DIAG button LEDs is OK (see photo). I tried to reset the PRAM, but it couldn't be done. I connected the USB keyboard to the cMP, but the indicator on the CAPS key does not light up when you press it. Does this mean that the keyboard is not powered and therefore the PRAM reset command is not executed?

Attachments

• IMG_20240418_211823MP.jpg
    IMG_20240418_211823MP.jpg
    336.1 KB · Views: 44

tsialex

Contributor
Jun 13, 2016
Hi!
I have a problem with my cMP4.1 (flashed to cMP5.1). It power on, but no sound signal. I download Mac-Pro-2009-Tech-Guide and checked it according to this guide. DIAG button LEDs is OK (see photo).

Yes, but this not mean that you don't have a problem somewhere elese that is not tested by the DIAG circuit.

I'd start removing/disconnecting everything SATA, the RTC battery, all PCIe cards but the GPU, the mains power cable, then wait at least two minutes and connect just the main power cable again (without the RTC or any SATA devices/DVD/etc) - the Mac Pro will power on itself, check if you will get anything on the screen/beep/etc.

I tried to reset the PRAM, but it couldn't be done. I connected the USB keyboard to the cMP, but the indicator on the CAPS key does not light up when you press it. Does this mean that the keyboard is not powered and therefore the PRAM reset command is not executed?

Yes.

Gibulin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 18, 2024
Yes, but this not mean that you don't have a problem somewhere elese that is not tested by the DIAG circuit.

I'd start removing/disconnecting everything SATA, the RTC battery, all PCIe cards but the GPU, the mains power cable, then wait at least two minutes and connect just the main power cable again (without the RTC or any SATA devices/DVD/etc) - the Mac Pro will power on itself, check if you will get anything on the screen/beep/etc.

Yes.

I removing everything SATA, the RTC battery, all PCIe cards but the GPU. Don't removed wifi and BT.
Result: no video, no sound signal. I think the problem is in the CPU logic board.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.