Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pullman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Hello everyone

I am trying to figure out why my cMP3,1 won't sleep. I've successfully installed Monterey using OCLP and everything works great apart from sleep.

When I select –Sleep video is cut, the screens go to power save and the HDDs are spun down. The white power button light starts to pulse, but only once and then it remains on and I hear the HDDs spin up. If I press a key the screens light up.

The OCLP settings were as suggested by the app for the cMP3,1. I've also removed all peripherals so the only things connected are the bluetooth trackpad and keyboard.

System.log shows a recurring message, see below. I'm not sure it's connected to the sleep issue though because it also appears every 1-2 minutes when the computer is on.

Apr 14 21:11:54 Aurora AMPDevicesAgent[6578]: Entered:_AMMuxedDeviceDisconnected, mux-device:103 Apr 14 21:11:54 Aurora AMPDeviceDiscoveryAgent[463]: Entered:_AMMuxedDeviceDisconnected, mux-device:103 Apr 14 21:11:54 Aurora AMPDevicesAgent[6578]: Entered:__thr_AMMuxedDeviceDisconnected, mux-device:103 Apr 14 21:11:54 Aurora AMPDeviceDiscoveryAgent[463]: Entered:__thr_AMMuxedDeviceDisconnected, mux-device:103 Apr 14 21:11:54 Aurora AMPDevicesAgent[6578]: tid:1bb7b - Mux ID not found in mapping dictionary Apr 14 21:11:54 Aurora AMPDeviceDiscoveryAgent[463]: tid:d15b - Mux ID not found in mapping dictionary Apr 14 21:11:54 Aurora AMPDevicesAgent[6578]: tid:1bb7b - Can't handle disconnect with invalid ecid Apr 14 21:11:54 Aurora AMPDeviceDiscoveryAgent[463]: tid:d15b - Can't handle disconnect with invalid ecid

At the time of the sleep failure Mac Analytics Data show a few messages about Software Sleep, Dark Wake from Normal Sleep and Full Wake from Dark Wake.

I've also noticed that in Crash Reports there are messages about PerfPowerServices. They're not at the exact time of the sleep failure but they appear to be recurring. So far today there have been perhaps twenty instances. Strangely (or?) the messages say that SIP is enabled, though System Information says that it is disabled (which I have done). Perhaps this has nothing to do with the sleep problem but I thought I should mention it since it appears related to power.

Thank you in advance for any thoughts.
Philip

OS6-OSX

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2004
California
cMP3.1's are very temperamental. I have to sing lullabies to it in addition to this:

MP.png

• Haha
Reactions: flat4 and pullman

pullman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Haha that's hilarious. I wish that would work on mine.

Any ideas on what I might do to fix this? I've ordered a new BR2032 but I doubt that will help because the computer slept soundly on High Sierra (Dosdude) before I installed Open Core.

cMP3.1's are very temperamental. I have to sing lullabies to it in addition to this:

View attachment 2368440

OS6-OSX

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2004
California
Perhaps this has nothing to do with the sleep problem but I thought I should mention it since it appears related to power.

Just out of curiosity I put my 3,1 in "Sleep" mode and it "slept". White power light pulsates until I hit the space bar. To know why yours does not work, I am not "that guy". But since you mentioned appearing to be power related I took a screen shot of "power" under system report. If you think any of the titles in the left hand column will help with a highlight, mention that specific item and I will show the settings.
1713250023306.png

pullman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Thank you very much for posting the screenshot. Your settings look identical to mine actually so I suspect it's something else.

It's quite a mystery why this computer won't sleep.

Just out of curiosity I put my 3,1 in "Sleep" mode and it "slept". White power light pulsates until I hit the space bar. To know why yours does not work, I am not "that guy". But since you mentioned appearing to be power related I took a screen shot of "power" under system report. If you think any of the titles in the left hand column will help with a highlight, mention that specific item and I will show the settings.
View attachment 2368746

pullman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Well now the computer sleeps very well. I can only guess that Monterey was busy indexing in Spotlight. Since a day or two the computer has absolutely no problem at all to fall asleep or to wake up.

cheers
Philip

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.