Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ReallyBigFeet

macrumors 68030
Apr 15, 2010
I use CNET reviews often when making purchasing decisions, but I really have to admit that I almost NEVER agree with their "Editors Choice" awards. They spend so little time with the product before giving it that accolade and in many cases they come back LATER and tell you all the things that are wrong with the product but never revoke their original accolade.

These days, I suspect that many of the tech review mainstream players are "on the take" and provide awards based on ad revenue deals from the vendors involved. I'm far more likely to trust the aggregate reviews presented by end users on forums like this one than I am to trust a review site where the entire revenue stream is based on ad revenue from the manufacturers themselves.

But I WILL say that the "Don't Panic!" case is pretty funny....I'm a huge Hitchhiker's Guide fan and anyone else who is would recognize those two words immediately!!!!

Seamaster

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2003
That list's a crock.

The two best cases - as evidenced by their popularity here - Portenzo's and Yoobao's V3/Magic, aren't even mentioned.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.