Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

widgetman

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2004
Here's the details: We (SGS Software) are developing some innovative new software for Mac OS 10.3+ and we are expanding! We some more cocoa programmers who are willing to work for free until our software is actually released (which is what you would be helping to do). If you are interested, or have questions/comments, email me at forumMan4 (at) gmail (dot) com

Thank you!
Joel
Head Developer, SGS Software

widgetman

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2004
That's just until the software is actually released. Until then, we have nothing to sell or make money on.

jeremy.king

macrumors 603
Jul 23, 2002
Holly Springs, NC
king_leonidas said:

Thanks newb...:rolleyes:

Allow me to state the obvious.

First, use proper grammar as it shows some level of professionalism and education.

Second the use of "expanding" is a bit of a stretch...Expansion usually means that your idea is taking off such that you have customers coming out of the wazoo, but if this were the case...why no money or stated incentive?....hmmm. This is usually why people take out SBA loans, apply for grants, or find VC funding. If they are convinced that the idea will make money, they pay for the development up front and reap the rewards.

Third, the email address is a gmail account which usually means that this is far from an established company and will need a lot of marketing to sell whatever the software is. Marketing = money. Good programmers = money. Success usually = money.

Finally, this isn't the first post of someone looking for goodwill programmers, and probably won't be the last. A small task is one thing such as help with homework, quick widget change, or quick question, but product development for free is whole new ball game.

For these reasons and many others, i wish the OP good luck. The idea may be great, but asking people to code for free isn't going to attract a lot of good talent.

See this thread as an example. https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/129734/

widgetman

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 7, 2004
Ok...I accept my mistakes but I also want to say that we are a very new company and are just setting up some web stuff, including company email addresses. That email address is just my personal address, since at the moment I have no other email address. I guess I screwed up here...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.