Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pepobg

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
I bought an new iMac about 3 weeks ago, and yesterday I thought I'd try out some games on it. So I bought CoD 2 and thought I'd get some nice rendering and gfx. Instead the gfx came out worse than on my GeForce 5700 that was in my PC which was rendering the CoD2 demo with DX7. I was thinking this new HD2400 will redner everything real nice. So I think ok let me change the settings. I go in there and I see the rendering mode setting, so I click and choose High Quality, it was set on Auto before, after I click Apply, game restarts and to me amasment the whole screen jsut messes up to a point where I have to play around with click random places to try and get to the settings again and change it back to Auto or Normal.

The screen just goes crazy, you can hardly make out anything. I tried searching for drivers, changing around other settings. But High Quality rendering jsut doens't work. I would have said ok it's understandable, if I was on my 5700 but I'm using a brand new Ati Hd2400 XT chip, and it should do the job jsut fine right?! Or am I missing something here...

eXan

macrumors 601
Jan 10, 2005
Russia
If the card is new, it doesnt mean that graphics in game will be better.

Card sometimes supports new tech like new shader models, but if games dont support this new stuff, it wont make a difference.

Also, CoD2's hight quality" rendering mode for Macs is very very buggy, so probably that is your issue

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.