Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carloslaso

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2008
There used to be a way to do it for iOS8 but I am not sure if now that we have TestFlight or that iOS 8.3 filesystem restriction, apple is not letting us do this anymore:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ios-8-whatsapp-bug-found.1742566/page-4#post-19307961

I am trying to do it on 10.11 beta (15A216g) but I could not do it on Yosemite either.

PS. The app on that post works well enough on iOS9 beta. I am trying to sign a beta app which the UDID of my phone was not included :-/

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Not sure what you're trying to say. As long as you have the latest Xcode beta, you don't need to be a developer to test apps that you've made on your device.

Reactions: !!!

carloslaso

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 2, 2008
Not sure what you're trying to say. As long as you have the latest Xcode beta, you don't need to be a developer to test apps that you've made on your device.

Last year when we got iOS8 beta, Whatsapp did not work at all, Whatsapp released a beta that worked on iOS8 but since we were not invited to test it, we used the binary and codesign our UDIDs into the app using our developer account.

There is an app (Alpha version) that I would like to codesign for iOS9 but I think Apple changed the process to do that or maybe Apple does not allow that anymore.

What I am trying to say is: has anyone tried this process on Yosemite and/or El Capitan and has been able to successfully codesign an app?

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Last year when we got iOS8 beta, Whatsapp did not work at all, Whatsapp released a beta that worked on iOS8 but since we were not invited to test it, we used the binary and codesign our UDIDs into the app using our developer account.

There is an app (Alpha version) that I would like to codesign for iOS9 but I think Apple changed the process to do that or maybe Apple does not allow that anymore.

What I am trying to say is: has anyone tried this process on Yosemite and/or El Capitan and has been able to successfully codesign an app?

Not sure. Sounds kind of sketchy anyway.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.