Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Selivanov

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2005
Voronezh, Russia
Hello, all

First of all, forgive me my bad english.

I'm using CodeWarrior v9 C++ and want to work with XML-files. I found Xerces-C framework in /Libraries/Frameworks and added it to my project. But i cant find any library file that i could attach to my project... Never the less, the project can be compiled and executed from terminal (i write console application) but it crushes on the creating new DOMWriter from DOMImplementationLS class...

What i shell do? Links to helpfull information are welcome...

Soulstorm

macrumors 68000
Feb 1, 2005
Maybe this isn't exactly the answer you were looking for, but I would advise you to start using xCode from apple, as Codewarrior does not support some freatures of the newest OS's, and I had heard from somewhere that even apple recommends to stop using anything else that xCode.

Selivanov

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2005
Voronezh, Russia
I have to use CW cause of QuarkXPress XTension SDK.
Never the less, i tried to substitute xerces-c by libxml2. In a standalone application all looks fine. But in the XTension project there is a problem. Libxml header file gives me an error that "non MSL C header files must be first in the access path". But i have to use MSL C access path first cause of XDK :( I'm stuck with it already...

Selivanov

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 7, 2005
Voronezh, Russia
I have solved the problem with libxml2 include files by inserting
#define _MSL_USING_MW_C_HEADERS 1
before including libxml headers. It prevents using native system headers before MSL... Hope this will help someone...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.