Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JackArc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 10, 2006
Orange County, CA
For my Principles of Public Relations class, I decided to do a PowerPoint project on Apple. I decided to focus mostly on product launches, touching upon marketing but dealing more so with PR and consumer relations. During office hours, my prof suggested MarComm and a blog lawsuit but he left it pretty open. I'm going first, and plan to set a pretty high standard because I am a good public speaker.

All in all I'm excited! Let me know if there is anything I should include or specifically touch on. I'll post the PowerPoint online when I'm done.

Thanks -
JACK:apple:

JackArc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 10, 2006
Orange County, CA
First suggestion: use Keynote rather than Powerpoint. That'll help set that high bar you're talking about.

Gotta use PowerPoint. I used Keynote for a presentation last semester and the fonts and everything were off. He has had problems in the past with presentations and wants them all in a standard format.

gauchogolfer

macrumors 603
Jan 28, 2005
American Riviera
Gotta use PowerPoint. I used Keynote for a presentation last semester and the fonts and everything were off. He has had problems in the past with presentations and wants them all in a standard format.

Is this because you have to export them to Powerpoint before you can use it? I can understand if that's a limitation. If you could just hook up the Mac to your projector it would of course avoid this problem. Or, if you don't have any inter-slide transitions you could export them to pdf, which a PC could also display. Or, a quicktime movie.

I'm just saying, you do have some options.

Keynote>PPT

JackArc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 10, 2006
Orange County, CA
Is this because you have to export them to Powerpoint before you can use it? I can understand if that's a limitation. If you could just hook up the Mac to your projector it would of course avoid this problem. Or, if you don't have any inter-slide transitions you could export them to pdf, which a PC could also display. Or, a quicktime movie.

I'm just saying, you do have some options.

Keynote>PPT

Yeah I agree with you but its always 2 much of a mess.

LBmtb

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2007
long bizzle, ca
Yeah I agree with you but its always 2 much of a mess.
Do you own a mac laptop or desktop? I'd say go talk to the professor and explain how it's relevant to your presentation. It's 'technically' not a hassle at all if you already have the laptop and the right mini-dv adapter for the projector (most likely vga).

I'm doing a Marketing "powerpoint" with keynote and my macbook soon. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.