Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MareLuce

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Sep 26, 2010
Have you seen anyone from the press with an opinion on this question:
Is the 11 Pro's new finish slip-resistant enough to not use a case?

This impacts my color choice:

If I do still need a case, I'll get my fave color blue silicone case for the 11 Pro Max.
The best iPhone 11 Pro color to coordinate with a blue case is the space grey, because it blends or camouflages the contrasting 3 black round holes / camera lenses better than the other colors.
Marques Brownlee's YouTube video convinced me of this. Then the main visual from the back will just be the pretty blue case + a grey & black square

If I don't need a case, I'd get the gold or silver iPhone Pro, because that would make the phone higher contrast than space grey when inside my black interior purse, in my briefcase, etc.

Yes, I could get a clear case. I do have both the clear case and blue case already on order.
However, the clear cases I've tried are slick, not tacky like the normal Apple silicone case. In fact, some of the non-Apple clear cases I've tried would make it even MORE like a piece of soap.

upload_2019-9-11_20-34-38.png
upload_2019-9-11_20-39-11.png

Picture of iPhone on right from Marques Brownlee's YouTube video which does a great job of showing the new 11 Pro's colors.

jashworth03

macrumors member
Sep 11, 2014
I'm really curious on this as well. I would love to not use a case for my Midnight Green Pro Max (rely on AC+ up until at least one break) but only if it is slip resistant.

I'm also curious if screen protectors from the Xs Max will work on the Pro Max. I know its slightly wider and taller, but not sure if that impacts screen at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.