Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sonofslim

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 6, 2003
Can anyone recommend a good color laserjet? This is for business use, so we're looking for one that can stand up to a lot of use but not break the bank.

Thanks...

sonofslim

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 6, 2003
to be honest, i'm not sure. we don't need anything too fancy; basically, we're looking for a color postscript printer that'll last. i've been looking at a few in the $800 range (the HP 1500, for instance) but i don't know if those are too cheap to be worthwhile, or if we can go even cheaper, or what.

iJon

macrumors 604
Feb 7, 2002
well my macaddict gave the hp 1500 an excellent review and said it was great unless you need postscript. i recommend going and picking up the issue when it comes out and reading it. i would recommend a Xerox laser printer, which they also own tectronix, which also make awesome printers.

iJon

sonofslim

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by iJon
well my macaddict gave the hp 1500 an excellent review and said it was great unless you need postscript.

postscript is the #1 requirement, unfortunately. guess the 1500 is out.

maybe i should look at inkjets? HP has some less expensive PS-enabled inkjet printers...

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
ah...ok...when I saw "laser"...I was about to suggest some hefty priced pieces...compared to what u guys are talking about... ;)

RGunner

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2002
Midnight Sun
Not sure I understand what you mean Eyelikeart?

Originally posted by eyelikeart
ah...ok...when I saw "laser"...I was about to suggest some hefty priced pieces...compared to what u guys are talking about... ;)

HP color laserjet has a MSRP of $799.

They are not as expensive as they used to be...

Or did I miss read what you quoted?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.