Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

glawrie

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
Maidenhead, UK
Just noticed that all the custom color palettes (i.e. what is stored in a .clr file) I have installed on my system have become blank (i.e. they show up as headings in the color picker panel 3 as before, but there are no colors listed in space below, just white space) since update to Public Beta 5. Similarly some published palettes when installed are also blank.

So I created a new palette in Public Beta 5 and compared the file created by it with palette file for a picker that worked in earlier versions of macos / os x: it would appear that the file format for the .clr file has changed.

I am not sure what format the old .clr file is, but the new version is a standard mac os .plist file just with the wrong ending - change it to .plist and the file opens without problems in Xcode (for example).

Why this happened with this release is unclear: it might be just a temporary thing.

Would be grateful if someone could check this behaviour etc.

Anyone got ideas about ways to import 'old style' color palettes into the new format (without manually recreating them)?

Last edited:

glawrie

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 31, 2005
Maidenhead, UK
Update - looks like you can reimport old .clr manually files through the color palette itself (click on gear icon and 'open...'). Not ideal, but better than having to recreate from scratch!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.