Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spazum64

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2001
/dev/null
A few years ago, Apple announced that it would be dropping the six-colored Apple logo, and using various solid-color versions of it instead. So why do the six colors remain in the Apple Menu in Mac OS 9? Did Apple overlook this, or is it for some other reason, such as a way to help novices distinguish between Mac OS 9 and X ?

(Yes, I know, it would be pretty hard to mistake OS 9 for OS X, but as a matter of fact, I know several people who can't tell the difference. Maybe I should teach them that OS 9 has a colored apple menu…)

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
Steve thought it looked dated

I thought it would have been cooler to do a solid rainbow fade with a little lense flair in the corner.

spazum64

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 12, 2001
/dev/null
I took the apple menu icon, and zoomed it in to 1600% . They needed to blend it a little to give it the 3-D look, but it is still clearly the six-color logo, with the normal order. Green, yellow, orange, red, purple, blue.

samir

macrumors newbie
Sep 8, 2001
colombia
i like so much the traditional apple logo with its 7 colors
but i dont care if they change ,still is apple

Kela

macrumors 6502
May 12, 2001
US
?

what are u guys talkin about?

the apple logo an awesome creation. I like mischief's idea with the solid shade but without the lens flare though.

thecube84

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2001
ohio
Shizit? cooool

Originally posted by mnkeybsness
who gives a shizit?

Yea I like that word monkey. Anyway it is kind of a "classic" thing. Apple is just trying to keep the classic apple symbol in their operating system.

I know they changed the logo before OS 9, but i still think they are trying to keep it around. OS X is "new and different" so they are making the logo "new and different:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.