Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacNoobie

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 15, 2005
Colorado
Greetings all,

I'm trying to figure out how to get consistent color between Photoshop CS2 and my ACD. Basically I have the display set to the sRGB Profile since I tend to do image editing that eventually will be viewed by Windows users, and I have Photoshop CS2 set to the default North America Web/Internet settings which use the sRGB IEC61966-2.1 profile for the RGB and I get two different colors from PS and the background I want to use the color for. I'm not sure if I'm double profiling since the PS one is visibly darker.

On a side note does anyone have the default Apple Cinema display ColorSync profile they can either email or pm a link to me or tell me if there’s any way to get the profile off the Tiger DVD. I just wanted to delete the calibrated profile and start over with a new one and ended up deleting the default which now ColorSync says "Can not calibrate the display.. The factory profile for the display could not be found".
If someone could post the factory profile up or email it to tzieba at comcast.net I'd really appreciate it.

Thank you,
Tom

michaelrjohnson

macrumors 68020
Aug 9, 2000
I suppose this isn't much of a help, but perhaps an additional request.

I used to own a 12in PB, and as it has been discussed many times, the display is horrible for trying to do color-accurate design work. Graciously, Simon Brown posted a calibrated 12in PowerBook profile that does wonders to the display.

But I recently purchased a 15in PowerBook, and am looking for the same color-accuracy. I dont' have access to "test" the accuracy for another 2 months, but I would really like to have a few semi-professionals provide color-accurate profiles for all Apple machines.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.