Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mark-vdw

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 20, 2013
Had a thought today that I wanted other people's opinion on. I wonder if it would be if they would combine Continuity with Spaces by listing other devices as separate spaces, and allowing you to drag apps into those devices just like you can now drag an app to another space. This should then trigger Continuity on that other device to take over the state from the current device.

With apologies for my terrible mockup skills, small mockup of what i mean in attach.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Attachments

• continuity_spaces.png
    continuity_spaces.png
    803.8 KB · Views: 238
Reactions: ncrypt

Freyqq

macrumors 601
Dec 13, 2004
You can kind of do this already using the apple tv as an external monitor. IOS and OSX devices already share continuity info passively, so a UI interface is unnecessary.

mark-vdw

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 20, 2013
True for the Apple TV, but thought it would be nice if you could do the same with an iPad or even another Mac. Thought it would be pretty cool to drag an app from my iMac to my MacBook Air and have it automatically take over the application (not just the screen but actually the app itself).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.