Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
Burning DVDs

Wow, light fast reply:p.

That's the only advantage? just the ability to burn dvd's? In that case, I'm just gonna save my buck and shoot for a 2.1ghz macbook cuz i have my imac for my processor intensive stuff (video), and ill be using a macbook for ichat, itunes, and safari, so not being able to burn dvd's is no problem.

viperguy

macrumors 6502
Nov 3, 2005
Most people hate that Apple still sells combo drives in their machines instead of a super drive standard for all the product line, but since you`re not going to burn any DVDs with it you won`t have a problem with the combo drive!

bluedoggiant

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Jul 13, 2007
MD & ATL,GA
Most people hate that Apple still sells combo drives in their machines instead of a super drive standard for all the product line, but since you`re not going to burn any DVDs with it you won`t have a problem with the combo drive!

so your sure thats the only thing a combo drive cant do that a super drive can?

thechidz

macrumors 68000
Jul 25, 2007
New York City
yeah if you have another machine with a superdrive there is really no point to having two. too bad apple doesnt make the combo driv hot swappable so we could put another battery or hdd in there

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.