Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2002
ok so as many of you remember about 6months ago comcast bought att shares in the cable broadband market. This wasn't terrible news to me because not many people in my area have cable and the ervice is still very reliable excpet for my email. At first i thought my email problems were due to the panther beta i was using so to be on the safe side , I backed up and re-installed jaguar ...jaguar works fine except for mail.app checking the comcast email addresses...i checked all the field several times and the best it will do is download the mail from a week ago Jun 27 2003, I know there are new emails i've seen them in the webmail client....so then out of desperation i tried entourae which I never really liked and boom it worked like mail.app should be. Any ideas on why entourage does it right and mail.app doesn't? I really like mail.app and want to use it but will i have to have both open at the same time? any ideas from anyone especially comcast users would be great

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Nov 5, 2002
i've used alot of pop accounts and i'm 100% sure the settings are right , i've checked them three times now....

Warren

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2003
Chicagoland
I have comcast and the transition went suprisingly well. I downloaded their little app that corrected all my settings automatically. It worked fine in 10.2 for me.

drastik

macrumors 6502a
Apr 10, 2002
Nashvegas
My comcast mail is comming through fine with mail.app. I can't get comcast webmail since the comcast.net site redesign, but my email clients get the mail without any problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.