Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ajlavery

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 22, 2016
Hi everyone,

I've got the latest version of Command and Conquer Deluxe Edition from the app store, but I'm having a nightmare with it crashing all the time.

It's ported/packaged by 'aspyr', and they posted about the latest version of Game Centre on El Capitan crashing on 10.11 due to a conflict with Game Centre. Mine is crashing when selecting single player only when prompted and when I'm signed out of Game Centre, I've even disconnected the internet as they suggested but no joy.

I would attempt to load a previous save file around the same point in the game and it would crash at the loading screen, corrupting the previous bunch of save games but sparing those at the beginning of the mission ??? Strange, I guess it might be to do with passing some thread limit or some measure of time in the game? Can post the code here if it would help.

Anyway, anyone else experienced this?

Cheers

kaltsasa

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2002
Kellogg IA
To be honest I gave up after support suggested DISCONNECTING INTERNET to play a newly released multiplayer game. The game is broken on 10.11, less than a year after release with no ETA on a fix, which at this point halfway to 10.12 doesn't seem likely.

BornAgainMac

macrumors 604
Feb 4, 2004
Florida Resident
After the last Mac OS upgrade that broke it last time and something with the zooming before that, I gave up and using the Windows version. I am done with Mac gaming on games that already exist in Windows. I just use my Mac for productivity primarily. I get these problems with other Mac games too.

I have used my Macs for gaming for over a decade so this decision was't made lightly. Plus now I have better supported games, better graphics and frame rates on my PC, more free disk space on my Mac, selection, better prices, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.