Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hugh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2003
Erie, PA
As anyone out there got this game to work on new machines? I hate to dig out my 2007 iMac with 10.4.11 just to run one game. I did a lot of searches here and on the web and it seems that I kept running in circles with the answers. One of them being that EA no longer supports this game. :(

I have found my Command & Conquer 3 package and noticed that it crashes on my 2013 27" iMac with 10.11 or 10.12. I read that I need to patch 1.09 but to run patch 1.09 I need patch 1.08. Got that I think but when it goes to do the patch it quits with no errors or any thing and didn't patch the program.

I read on here someone here got their copy to work by making an image of the DVD using DiskUtil, none but that doesn't fix the patch problem. Do I really need to resort to playing the Windows Version? I do have the complete C&C Collection for the PC, but I would like to play the Mac port because I'm in my OS most of the time and VM doesn't seem to be viable (doable just not viable).

Anyways any help??

THANKS!!!

=Hugh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.