Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tozovac

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2014
Hehehe don't let @Tozovac see that, he'll complain about the excessive amount of white space :)

That's a cute blog for guidance on today's space-wasting white-out faddish website design. What are his credentials? Are they "because he says so?" :)

I disagree with quite a bit of his "rules." Realize that my critiques center around websites used for productivity, where design for efficiency using decades-long learning on UIx principles should be the standard, and not replaced wholesale with faddish completely-new layouts. :) A good website to me is still the top 1-2 inches of Amazon, which provides 99% of what you need to use at the top border. What's currently below the top border area are random white blocks of things to look at, in a rather haphazard fashion, maybe good for people with short attention spans. :) I believe Amazon used to have organized links in the right/left side below the top border, but those, alas, have gone by the wayside.

I'll followup with my opinions of this fellow's cute blog at the "awful website design" thread. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: cyb3rdud3
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.