Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mbrellisford

macrumors member
Original poster
May 29, 2007
Canada
Just bought a new 24" 2.8 iMac (2g RAM), just wondering how well "Company of Heroes" will play. My machine right now can handle it fine however when it gets busy it REALLY slows down. This will be my first MAC so I have no basis for comparison in terms of performance.

panzer06

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2006
Kilrath
Just bought a new 24" 2.8 iMac (2g RAM), just wondering how well "Company of Heroes" will play. My machine right now can handle it fine however when it gets busy it REALLY slows down. This will be my first MAC so I have no basis for comparison in terms of performance.

It works great on my MBP SR 2.2 with the 128MB 8600M GT. It should work fine under XP in Bootcamp.

Cheers,

fr4c

macrumors 65816
Jul 27, 2007
Hamster wheel
runs fine on both of my Macs via Bootcamp. but of course I play via LAN with friends mostly on the MBP. it does get slightly laggy after some play, but of course thats usually b/c of extended play (4-5+ hours) and the router needing a restart ;)

panzer06

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2006
Kilrath
runs fine on both of my Macs via Bootcamp. but of course I play via LAN with friends mostly on the MBP. it does get slightly laggy after some play, but of course thats usually b/c of extended play (4-5+ hours) and the router needing a restart ;)

I've played 14 hours straight with no lag, 3on3, are you running with everything set to high?

I set a couple of items on Medium and only use 2X AA.

Cheers,

PS. Awesome game! Can't wait for OF this fall!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.