Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Darren_pan

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 8, 2017
So I am thinking of creating a Hackintosh but I don't know if its worth it. I have a dell inspiron 7359 and everything seems to be compatible except for the wifi card. Right now I'm housing a AC-3165 via M.2 slot. I could always buy a usb adapter but I kind of want it in my computer. So now I'm trying to find a wireless chip that is supported via M.2 and supported on sierra. One is the "bcm94352z" but it says that its only supported for Lenovo. Is there anything else or do I HAVE to settle for a usb one. such as "dlink dwa-131"? and dang these wifi cards are expensive as heck!

TheStork

macrumors 6502
Dec 28, 2008
So I am thinking of creating a Hackintosh but I don't know if its worth it. I have a dell inspiron 7359 and everything seems to be compatible except for the wifi card. Right now I'm housing a AC-3165 via M.2 slot. I could always buy a usb adapter but I kind of want it in my computer. So now I'm trying to find a wireless chip that is supported via M.2 and supported on sierra. One is the "bcm94352z" but it says that its only supported for Lenovo. Is there anything else or do I HAVE to settle for a usb one. such as "dlink dwa-131"? and dang these wifi cards are expensive as heck!
Post your question here >
https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/laptop-compatibility.114/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.