Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blue2noise

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
Is there a list of all compatible iPad apps or a way to see which are compatible? I do not mean ones natively made for AVP, just the iPad one that will work flat in it.

Thanks!

4sallypat

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2016
So Calif
Based on early Apple releases, Vision OS seems to be able to use both Mac OS and iOS apps.

When the embargo is lifted in a week, we should get reviews on YT for real world feedback.

Apple-Vision-Pro-entertainment-App-Store-Environments-Mount-Hood_big.jpg.large_2x.jpg

KauaiBruce

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2007
Kauai, HI
This topic seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle. I have been checking the iPad app store and wonder if pretty much all iPad apps will run in a flat mode and the AVP icon as compatible means it will run as native. OR, does that icon just mean the app will run? I have a few favorite games I think will be fun to run on a massive screen but they do not have the icon for AVP.

Next week I will be flying to a city with Apple store and can finaly do a demo.

Thanks

Lobwedgephil

Contributor
Apr 7, 2012
This topic seems to have gotten lost in the shuffle. I have been checking the iPad app store and wonder if pretty much all iPad apps will run in a flat mode and the AVP icon as compatible means it will run as native. OR, does that icon just mean the app will run? I have a few favorite games I think will be fun to run on a massive screen but they do not have the icon for AVP.

Next week I will be flying to a city with Apple store and can finaly do a demo.

Thanks
It varies, developers can opt out of their iPad app working on the Vision Pro. So really depends on the app.

Reactions: 4sallypat
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.