Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ank92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2022
Hello,

I have rooted all my Android phones without problems so far, but I am new to iOS and need some guidance.
So the phone is iPhone SE first gen and it's currently running IOS 15.2
I wish to jailbreak it, mainly because of 2 reasons: be able to run a call recorder app - https://limneos.net/audiorecorderxs/
and 2nd reason - be able to customize user interface.

From what I've researched so far, it appears that there's no jailbreak option for IOS 15.2, so I would need to downgrade to IOS 14.
And access to a macOS computer is required (I have a Mac running macOS 10.15)
Can anyone point me in the right direction for doing this properly?

AZhappyjack

macrumors G3
Jul 3, 2011
Happy Jack, AZ
Hello,

I have rooted all my Android phones without problems so far, but I am new to iOS and need some guidance.
So the phone is iPhone SE first gen and it's currently running IOS 15.2
I wish to jailbreak it, mainly because of 2 reasons: be able to run a call recorder app - https://limneos.net/audiorecorderxs/
and 2nd reason - be able to customize user interface.

From what I've researched so far, it appears that there's no jailbreak option for IOS 15.2, so I would need to downgrade to IOS 14.
And access to a macOS computer is required (I have a Mac running macOS 10.15)
Can anyone point me in the right direction for doing this properly?

You are correct ... there is no jailbreak for iOS 15.2 ... but the real issue for you is that you cannot go back to iOS 14.x, as Apple no longer signs anything older than iOS 15.2 ... so you can't get there from here.

ank92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2022
Bummer. Do you think a jailbreak for 15.2 and iPhone SE 2016 will appear eventually?

imart143

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2016
zagreb
i saw this topic, dont want to open another one, i am also new, have ipad air 2, 2/32 5 years now and ipad air 4, 4/64, 6 months.
ipad air 4 will stay stock, but ipad air 2 i like to jailbrake because is slow and i cant get any money if i sell it. i had Android phone too, with which i can do whatever i want, even non rooted. ipad air 2 have new 15.2 Ipados, is it possible to jailbrake it and how? i like to use some ++ apps, youtube ++, instagram, faceook, some games, want get rid of ads, and some more customization. i am using Google apps mostly.
is it possible to do it on 15.2, or should i stop upgrade to his last ipados 16, and then probably will be an option?
Also i dont have Mac. I have PC windows 10.
thanks.

Last edited:

ank92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 1, 2022
I have researched this a bit more and there are two options
1. wait for some jailbreak solution for 15.2
2. downgrade to 14.x and apply some existing jailbreak

But for option 2 is impossible, or at least very hard to downgrade because 14.x is now considered unsigned.
So you need to find out some ECID number, then download SHSH2 blobs and try to install it with some tools. But it's no way as easy as rooting on Android.

So I choose option 1, go back to Android and wait for 15.2 jailbreak.
I actually like Android but I am starting to have many issues with the phone and updates because my Android phone is old.
I don't want to upgrade to new phone because all new phones are huge and made of glass. That's why I was looking at iphone SE 2016, it's small and still works fine. The only issue is lack of customization in IOS.

Reactions: imart143

imart143

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2016
zagreb
sure, thanks for tip. i can wait few months for some 15.2 JB tool, when ios 16 arrive, in October? maybe unc0ver or similar will be available for 15.2, like to have fully functional Cydia store.

imart143

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2016
zagreb
now i have bought cheap ipad 9, trying to restore all from air 2 and it wont restore nothing because i have 15.2, these days 15.2.1 came out. so i have to update old pad to 15.2.1 to be able to backup and restore to new ipad for wife. how stupid. i hope one day it will be available jailbrake for 15.2.1, not only 15.2, if not i will be in trouble.
oh ios and ipad os how stupid systems are you both.. oh i see, i can downgrade to 15.2

but i dont have MAC, is it possible with windows PC?

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.