Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

net777

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2019
Hi! I work at a school.

They had some iPads that were locked. No one knew the passwords or had access to emails.

So I jailbreaked them using tools from Tenorshare.

So everything works fine, except you can't login to iCloud.

Everytime they are restarted they go to setup. This is fine until you must enter iCloud account information.

Is there a way to completely remove iCloud account and create a new one, so you can use the iPads as intended?

1Icarus2

macrumors member
Jun 7, 2018
Hi net777,

To be fair here, every person who has owned an i-device, knows that iPhones, iPads etc. has a "ONE" owner policy.

With that being said, it means that if you ever wanted to sell and give the i-device to someone else, you'll have have to log out of iCloud and Factory Reset the Device.

If the iPads were to be used for School intended purposes, someone should have logged in with an Admin Account, which the IT department should keep, and then by doing that, making sure that the device is bound to the school.

From what I know, and someone can correct me here, you cannot remove the restriction on an i-device once it has been bound to an already existing Cloud device. This is done so that criminals cannot steal i-Devices and simply reset them and reuse them.

You mentioned that you jailbroke the iPads using Tendorshare to bypass the lockscreen and passcodes. Firstly, Tendorshare is NOT a jailbreak. Looking at reviews, this seems like such a scam software... So I'm doubting that it worked for you.

So unfortunately I don't know if you'll find any luck from someone else here, but I thought I'd just let you know that going forward, you need to secure i-devices with your IT department so that this doesn't happen again.

Also, out of curiosity, what iOS version is installed on these iPads?

net777

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 26, 2019
Yes, I am well aware of the one-owner policy.

I also realise that it seem shady that someone who doesn't have access to the iCloud information wants to get into a i-device.

This is however some old iPads. I think they were handed out to students and then somehow the info was lost.

I could have been some students with learning disabilities, so maybe that's why the info was lost.

My headmaster mentioned that if they were able to get running, we should indeed get some admin account.

The iOS-version they could be updated to was 12.

As for Tendorshare they seemed to be using checkra1n to jailbreak so I could probably have used only that.

But then the iPads still had activation lock, and it didn't seem like checkra1n could solve that. I used Tendorshare's 4meKey and I got into the devices. This is a fact, believe me :)

If that could have been done without their software or some free software I don't know. I do know that the four iPads I tried it on worked.

It wasn't supereasy so maybe that's the reason for some of the reviews. I'm not saying that Tendorshare is an ok Company. Maybe I will have problem ending the subscription too. Maybe I could have solved it otherwise but the fact remains that we now have four iPads that are working and that were useless before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.