Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davo1979

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 3, 2016
Hi, I have an Ipad 2. The email address that is assigned to the Ipad is now locked and I can no longer access it. When I try to reset and erase my Ipad it asks me for the password for this account but I can't remember the password. So then I go round in a circle round and round trying to remember the password, then it locks my Apple ID and asks me for a password... I try do restore the Ipad from iTunes but I have to turn off Find Mt Ipad but it asks me for the password for this to be turned off which I can't remember. I try to log out but it asks me for the password just to log out.. driving me mad. I have a new iPhone 6 that I had to create a new account.. how the hell do I get my new account on my Ipad 2 if it just keeps asking me for the password for an account and apple ID that is locked.

Please help. Thanks.

s15119

macrumors 68000
Nov 20, 2010
You could try to take it to an apple store -but you're running into built in protection against theft.

ericwn

macrumors G4
Apr 24, 2016
Yes, you should contact Apple to discuss how they can support you with the recovery of the old account and how to add the new one then. You have locked yourself out and forgotten the key basically. Nobody outside of Apple can fix that for you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.