Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Fatyank

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
Chandler, Arizona
I’ve installed a MyQ garage door hub at my house and have the app on my phone (11Max Pro). There is an app for the watch I have installed. The app has a complication which is listed in my watch app>complications. When I go to my app list on the watch, I can tap on MyQ and app opens. That all works fine. The problem I’m having is adding the complication to any watchface. I have six different watchfaces setup and I‘ve attempted to place the MyQ complication in every single available spot on each face but it never shows up as available. I pick a spot, scroll thru the available complications but it’s not there. I go back to my phone>watch>complications and i’ts listed there. All the othe complications listed show up. I’ve reset both the phone and watch, uninstalled app on watch but no difference. Hope someone can help.

mk313

macrumors 68000
Feb 6, 2012
Some apps don’t have complications. I have the same problem with audible.

Fatyank

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
Chandler, Arizona
Thank you and I am aware of that but as I said this “MyQ” shows up in the watch app>complications list but nowhere when i try to add it 69B19394-7E20-4EF6-AE49-6FCE0BA52108.jpeg

Fatyank

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
Chandler, Arizona
If you’re talking about MyQ app, it says right on the App Store that it has watch support. I have the app on my watch. I have the app on my phone and it works great on both of them. See my screenshot above that shows a complication for the MyQ app but IT DOES NOT show on my complications list when I try to add it to any of my watch faces. When I customize my watchfaces and scroll through the available complications it goes Moon, Music, Noise, Phone. NO MyQ. I just did a test run. Drove about 15 miles from my house to a mall parking lot. I watched my garage door on my phone ”Vivint” app. camera. Opened and closed the door using the MyQ watch app.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
If you’re talking about MyQ app, it says right on the App Store that it has watch support. I have the app on my watch. I have the app on my phone and it works great on both of them. See my screenshot above that shows a complication for the MyQ app but IT DOES NOT show on my complications list when I try to add it to any of my watch faces. When I customize my watchfaces and scroll through the available complications it goes Moon, Music, Noise, Phone. NO MyQ. I just did a test run. Drove about 15 miles from my house to a mall parking lot. I watched my garage door on my phone ”Vivint” app. camera. Opened and closed the door using the MyQ watch app.
I understood you. I am saying that the app probably doesn’t support complication. Just because the app is on the watch, that doesn’t mean it has to have complication support.

Fatyank

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
Chandler, Arizona
Okay. Sorry if I sounded snarky, didn’t mean to. I guess my question is why would a complication show in the list if there isn’t one. I know there are some complications that I can put on some watch faces but not others. Don’t know why but not a problem. My watchfaces are Infograph, Solar Dial, Gradient and Meridian. I’m going to try some different watchfaces to see if MyQ shows up.

Apple_Robert

Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
In the middle of several books.
Okay. Sorry if I sounded snarky, didn’t mean to. I guess my question is why would a complication show in the list if there isn’t one. I know there are some complications that I can put on some watch faces but not others. Don’t know why but not a problem. My watchfaces are Infograph, Solar Dial, Gradient and Meridian. I’m going to try some different watchfaces to see if MyQ shows up.
I have experienced the same issue with a few other apps and tried the same as you. Come to find out, the developer had not gotten around to including a complication. Frustrating to be sure.

Try contacting the developer.

Fatyank

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2008
Chandler, Arizona
To add to the weirdness I have “Voice Memos” app on my watch. It does not appear in my list of installed apps or on my complications list although it used to. When I customize my watchfaces it shows up on the list you scroll through to add complications. Yes it works fine ???
[automerge]1591410509[/automerge]
I’m in the watchface gallery, Chronograph and MyQ complication is there. I guess Ill have to set up a chronograph watchface if i want that complication. I dont know why it’s not showing available on other faces. Oh well. Thanks for your help

Last edited:

drober30

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2007
I have been using the MyQ complication for years on my Apple Watch, then either the app updated or Watch OS updated but now I cant get the complication to show up. The app works on the watch, just cant add the MyQ complication to a watch face.

Jozipp

macrumors newbie
Jul 24, 2020
I’ve installed a MyQ garage door hub at my house and have the app on my phone (11Max Pro). There is an app for the watch I have installed. The app has a complication which is listed in my watch app>complications. When I go to my app list on the watch, I can tap on MyQ and app opens. That all works fine. The problem I’m having is adding the complication to any watchface. I have six different watchfaces setup and I‘ve attempted to place the MyQ complication in every single available spot on each face but it never shows up as available. I pick a spot, scroll thru the available complications but it’s not there. I go back to my phone>watch>complications and i’ts listed there. All the othe complications listed show up. I’ve reset both the phone and watch, uninstalled app on watch but no difference. Hope someone can help.
The MyQ complication does work but not with every face. I’ve found that it works with the Utility & Siri faces. There may be more.

Attachments

• D2E95E51-9E43-473F-8E58-AE6AD37B794F.png
    D2E95E51-9E43-473F-8E58-AE6AD37B794F.png
    539 KB · Views: 242

finlinson

macrumors newbie
May 23, 2021
Thank you and I am aware of that but as I said this “MyQ” shows up in the watch app>complications list but nowhere when i try to add it View attachment 921930
The myQ complication also works on the Mickey Mouse face!!
I’m with you though that I wish the myQ complication would be an option on most any face with complications.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.