Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

archagon

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 21, 2013
AI6WkC9.png

Hi folks! I just released my first iPad music app, Composer's Sketchpad ($2.99, or free for the Lite version). In brief, the app presents you with a easily pannable and zoomable canvas that you draw melodic lines directly onto. Unlike most sequencers, notes can start at any time and bend to any pitch, allowing you to annotate twisty solos and complex rhythms with great ease. (But you can snap to the time/pitch grid if you like.) I spent a lot of time ensuring that playback, editing, and navigation were as frictionless and intuitive as possible. You can have multiple layers of notes (with multiple overlapping notes per layer), and over 100 instruments (as well as a percussion set) are included. Apple Pencil is supported!

Side note: MIDI-out isn't currently available due to the complexity of per-note pitch bending, but I'm working on MIDI export as we speak. Should be available in update #1!

xkbXggS.png

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.