Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Hi, I am moving to Windows 10 for good. Which is the best comprehensive guide with steps on what to do to move from Mac OS to Windows 10? I found this but not sure if it is comprehensive enough.

AndyMacAndMic

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2017
Western Europe
Hi, I am moving to Windows 10 for good. Which is the best comprehensive guide with steps on what to do to move from Mac OS to Windows 10? I found this but not sure if it is comprehensive enough.

As long as it works for you it is comprehensive enough.
It looks mighty comprehensive to me for an instruction guide how to copy files from a mac to a pc.

Last edited:

Queen6

macrumors G4
You now have many more options, simply research them literally thousands of guides on YT to follow. Personally I set the computer up to do what I want and don't mess with it. Ignore all the speed up guides, you don't need AV unless your digging about in darker places (better to backup with a reputable on demand scanner), might want to turn on and off a few privacy settings that's about it.

Apple has pretty much killed off the Mac a viable professional tool for the majority barring those that are tied to macOS, or those that simply prefer Apple. The Mac and macOS will prevail, equally niche and limited, premium? No not really as far too many issues these days...

Q-6

Reactions: GalileoSeven

hajime

macrumors 604
Original poster
Jul 23, 2007
Can Steve's children come to run Apple to return it to the old Apple Computer Inc? Kind of sad to say bye to the MacBook Pro line. Perhaps I turn my Windows laptop into a triple-boot laptop.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.