Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Gwendolini

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 5, 2015
random
Hello.

I recently wanted to compress four ProRes 1080p videos to a YouTube compatible format by using Compressor.

When I created a batch list with Compressor 4.2.2 it was going well, but suddenly my Mac crashed.
Upon restart, the "compressord" process kept appearing and taking CPU, probably wanting to finish the job it started before the crash, even though Compressor was not visible in the GUI.
After starting the Compressor GUI, there were no ACTIVE batch jobs visible.

I kept force quitting the "compressord" process in Activity Monitor, but it came back, even after another restart.

Well, since there was not much help to find, I dabbled in the Compressor preferences, since up to three "qmaster" processes did also show up in Activity Monitor, and disabled the following preferences, which did kill the current job.
"VTEncoderXPCService" was also a visible process, but GoogleFu says it is associated with Photos (which I don't use on this particular machine).

Compressor >>>> Preferences >>> Advanced >> Enable additional Compressor instances (uncheck if checked, check if unchecked)

Hope that helps someone doing a search.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.