Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JJPillion

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 12, 2021
I'm trying to convert some 4K h.264 footage from my DSLR to ProRes to edit in FCPX but keep receiving this error message:

Failed: Error: RenderFrameAt returned: 4 for absolute frame: 0

I use Compressor all the time and have never had an issue until now. I'm running Big Sur 11.3.1.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 8.44.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-07-12 at 8.44.06 PM.png
    359.2 KB · Views: 177

sevoneone

macrumors 6502a
May 16, 2010
Did you try: Compressor > Preferences... >Advanced tab. > Reset Queue... > Repair Compressor?

IceStormNG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2020
I also had that several times. The problem is that Compressor is absolutely picky about format correctness. There's a possiblitly that there's a minior "issue" with that frame. Usually no problem, but Compressor will detect that and fail. Compresssor sometimes even fails with ProRes files that came just right out of Final Cut.

You could use ffmpeg to re-encode the files, if you're not forced to use only "licensed" ProRes encoders. Or use another encoder besides Compressor. Sometimes you might get away with Final cut. Drop the file into a new timeline that matches the resolution and refresh-rate, then export the timeline with Final Cut as Master File with ProRes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.