Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gangst

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 27, 2004
UK
Hi,

Everytime I create a new batch in Compressor and then hit submit I get the error 'Cannot Submit Batch, Unable to connect to background progress'.
I can't see whats causing the problem I've tried submiting when Batch Monitor is open to and still I get the same error. Anyone know why this is, it is really bugging me now.

Thanks

PS. Sorry to keep posting threads recently in the Video forum.

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2004
gangst said:
Hi,

Everytime I create a new batch in Compressor and then hit submit I get the error 'Cannot Submit Batch, Unable to connect to background progress'.
I can't see whats causing the problem I've tried submiting when Batch Monitor is open to and still I get the same error. Anyone know why this is, it is really bugging me now.

Thanks

PS. Sorry to keep posting threads recently in the Video forum.

there is an update, I too have had problems with the newest compressor. I had audio drop outs near the end of my sequence, there were no audio peaks either. strange... probably a good explanation though for both of us.

good luck...

Lacero

macrumors 604
Jan 20, 2005
I've gone back to Compressor 1.2.1

Problems with Compressor 2 include:

1) Problem you are having.
2) Much slower encoding.
3) Digital blocky artifacts that show up now and then, looks like shifted macroblocks.
4) Cumbersome a.pack encoding.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.