Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ghost31

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2015
It’s impressive how forward thinking people could be even back then. I remember around this time i had Microsoft’s web tv and thought it was the most futuristic thing ever. Projecting out, what do we all think the next 20 years will look like? No iphone?

Bodhitree

macrumors 68000
Apr 5, 2021
Netherlands
The Pippin… Apple’s “great success” at a multimedia games console. How quaint! I spotted a reference to Myst as a recent game, lol.

JamesMay82

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 12, 2009
It’s impressive how forward thinking people could be even back then. I remember around this time i had Microsoft’s web tv and thought it was the most futuristic thing ever. Projecting out, what do we all think the next 20 years will look like? No iphone?
Yeah it is crazy how they thought of it back then. I’ve gotten quite obsessed with that you tube channel. Was watching one the other day on laptops in 1989 when they weighed 15lbs and have a 8 inch screen and started at over 7 grand!

I also watched an old BBC review from the late 60’s about the portable typewritter when they said its biggest invention for women since the pill lol 😂

Ghost31

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2015
You’ve probably already seen this, but in the 1990’s AT&T had a video series called ”you will” predicting future technologies. I remember at the time most people thought it was far fetched and didn’t really believe any of it. Video calls? Thats some sci-fi stuff right there. Won’t happen in our life time lol It’s amazing that when this aired, i had a small 13 inch tv and the highest tech i had at home was a cordless home phone. Now I’m typing this on an ipad while wearing an Apple Watch

Reactions: JamesMay82

JamesMay82

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 12, 2009
You’ve probably already seen this, but in the 1990’s AT&T had a video series called ”you will” predicting future technologies. I remember at the time most people thought it was far fetched and didn’t really believe any of it. Video calls? Thats some sci-fi stuff right there. Won’t happen in our life time lol It’s amazing that when this aired, i had a small 13 inch tv and the highest tech i had at home was a cordless home phone. Now I’m typing this on an ipad while wearing an Apple Watch

It’s amazing how far we’ve come. I suppose every generation says the same thing but I can’t imagine as much growth as weve had in the last 20 years.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.