Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mischief

macrumors 68030
Aug 1, 2001
Santa Cruz Ca
Bingo

Cheaper was the demand, and it's what we got. I'd like to buy just the core boards and Power Supply from Apple. If I'm going to use it for my own business and not sell the thing, why not?

By the way: Anyone know how to fit a rev A Imac motherboard into a slot in a 19" rack? Preferrably horizontally in sets. I figure I should be able to fit about 18 in there and about 2 HD per board. I figure 18 500MHZ G3's with 256 a piece, even at 66Mhz bus speeds'd kick ass.

evildead

macrumors 65816
Jun 18, 2001
WestCost, USA
Re: Bingo

Originally posted by mischief

By the way: Anyone know how to fit a rev A Imac motherboard into a slot in a 19" rack? Preferrably horizontally in sets. I figure I should be able to fit about 18 in there and about 2 HD per board. I figure 18 500MHZ G3's with 256 a piece, even at 66Mhz bus speeds'd kick ass.

sounds interesting... what are you going to use that for? I am a server admin. Just wondering.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
Re: Cheaper

Originally posted by mischief
Cheaper was the demand, and it's what we got. I'd like to buy just the core boards and Power Supply from Apple. If I'm going to use it for my own business and not sell the thing, why not?
People want cheaper product's plus apple has costly computer's. They do Cost more, even if apple had better ; support, quality products....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.