Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Smoovejayy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
I have the public beta installed since release day and it has been fine, for the most part. I haven't rebooted since installation (not even that long). I rebooted for various reasons. First, it takes almost a minute to boot. Now my Finder doesn't work - anytime I go to click anything inside, it just loads. I also saw a "Photos for macOS" icon. Now my finder doesn't even open a new window, even when selecting from menu. My Internet goes in and out. This happened all after a reboot. Granted, I am moving along fine...

Question is, should I wait for the next update or wipe the machine? Thanks!

mikecwest

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2013
I have the public beta installed since release day and it has been fine, for the most part. I haven't rebooted since installation (not even that long). I rebooted for various reasons. First, it takes almost a minute to boot. Now my Finder doesn't work - anytime I go to click anything inside, it just loads. I also saw a "Photos for macOS" icon. Now my finder doesn't even open a new window, even when selecting from menu. My Internet goes in and out. This happened all after a reboot. Granted, I am moving along fine...

Question is, should I wait for the next update or wipe the machine? Thanks!
Wait until the final release.

Reactions: Project Alice

Smoovejayy

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 20, 2012
"Question is, should I wait for the next update or wipe the machine?"

There's a reason they call it "beta software"... ;)
Haha yes. I'm not mad at anyone but myself. I understand the risks. I can honestly use the machine without needing to browse through Finder. I use Spotlight Search for navigating anyway. This will be an interesting ride.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.