Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

icefall5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 6, 2011
I jailbroke my iPod Touch 4G a few days ago, and I'm trying to sync it with iTunes for the first time since.

When I try to sync, I get a message saying "This computer is no longer authorized for apps that are installed on the iPod "(name)". Would you like to authorize this computer for items purchased from the iTunes Store?" If I click the Authorize button and enter my password, a new box pops up saying "This computer is already authorized." As soon as I click OK on that box, the original box pops back up saying it's not authorized. I have to cancel the sync in order to stop the loop.

I tried to manually deauthorize and reauthorize the computer, but that didn't stop the messages from appearing. I just installed iTunes 10.2, but I've seen on other websites that people had this issue before updating. I'm running 4.2.1 and I jailbroke with greenpois0n rc6.

Any help would be appreciated!

morean51

macrumors newbie
Mar 6, 2011
might go with uninstalling your itunes application or go fix your ipod touch by updating with latest firmware

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.