Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

happyslayer

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 3, 2008
Glendale, AZ
Hey all,

I have a customer with quite a lot of music stored on his Windows 7 PC. He shares the music over iTunes using Home Sharing to three separate Apple TV boxes. Up until the last Apple TV update all worked fine.

For the last couple weeks he cannot properly access his music using the Computers App on the Apple TVs. He can successfully search his music using Artists or Albums or Playlists or Genre's and it works fine. If he chooses Songs, the little circle spins for about ten seconds then the whole Computers App stops/crashes and it goes back to the main App Chooser page. He can then immediately re-open the app and it works until he clicks on Songs.

He has a large iTunes library, over 155,000 songs. However, he has always had at least that much music and it has worked without issue for the last year and a half. There have been no updates to Windows 7 lately. The only update seems to be the last Apple TV tvOS update.

Does anybody have any thoughts? It's really making my customer annoyed and I have had no success trying to search this issue on Google. I find a lot of articles about iTunes crashing but that's not the issue. Only the Computers App and only when he clicks on Songs. All music can be found if he clicks Albums or Artists, but that's not ideal when searching a specific song.

Thanks in advance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.